Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mommy Makes: A Sweater

I love knitting.  I've been doing it since I was twelve years old and I really hope Lauren learns to love it too.  Currently I'm working on knitted Christmas gifts for my eight nieces and nephews.  That's a lot of knitting!

Usually, I turn to Ravelry for free patterns. It is BY FAR one of my favorite resources for knitting ideas and patterns.  When I came across the Little Garter Cardi, I knew I had to whip it up for my sweet almost three year old niece Isabella. I think, even at three, that she'll love it.

I used a super soft, variegated acrylic yarn,  Here are a few work-in-progress photos,



This pattern had a few new techniques for me. I had no clue how to do them and I'm very thankful for YouTube tutorials!  I'll link the ones I used down below in case anyone wants to try the pattern.  :) 

Lauren had her first cold this week too, so I was knitting and snuggling for most of my week.  She barely let me put her down.  Not that I'm complaining,  I've become very adept at knitting with a baby in my arms. 


I do have an Instagram for my business page, but it often has cute baby photos, some cat ones, and works-in-progess.  You can find that here if you are interested:  Jenny Bunny Rocks 

Here are the links I found so helpful: Provisional Cast On, Kitchener Stitch & Magic Loop

As soon as I get the buttons sewn on, I will share a photo of the finished sweater!

Thanks so much for reading!  Now to go snuggle that kid and get her to sleep!
XOXO,
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment